There is nothing better than being in a relationship with someone who knows what they need and want and asks for it in a way that makes you delighted to give it to them
- Someone who loves to please you
- Who handles conflict calmly, with respect and kindness
- Is in touch with their emotions but doesn’t take them out on anyone
- Is connected to their body, sensual, present and focussed
- Someone with great energy
- Someone who you you feel proud to be with and who brings out the best in you
- Someone who is willing to work on your relationship and their own issues
We all want and deserve this in a partner. But here’s the kicker. Are you this person for yourself? It's easy to think that it's someone else's job to do all of this. But we attract what we put out, so if we really want this, it has to start from within.
Byron Katie says taking care of our own business is a full time job. Meaning, we have to keep at it. Most of us have learned less-than-great ways of relating to ourselves and have our good days and bad days.
In my 10 week programs, I work with people to systematically explore all of the main psychological issues that hold us back and work with the body to create super deep and lasting change. It's sort of like emotional yoga - we use breath, movement, sound and focus to release blockages and stuck energy. The body's wisdom always guides us towards wholeness, our highest good and happiness.
Here are 3 things you can do right away to start creating a dream relationships with yourself.
- Check in. At least once a day, ask yourself how you are doing. And then listen.
- Do one little nice thing for yourself every single day. Whatever this means to you, it could be buying yourself a coffee, flowers, taking yourself for a walk or soothing yourself with a bath at the end of the day.
- Nourish your body. Your body is on your side! It strives every day to keep you as healthy and thriving as it can. How can you work with it, listen to it and be kind to it today?
Lots of love,